Friday, September 12, 2008

Jerome's Character

Jerome was a quiet, obedient kid. He is not those that will climb high and low, run up and down and ransack the house. He can even sit still on his car seat since young.

He was taken care by my MIL after my 2 months maternity. As she stays with my SIL in the east but we stay in the north, we only fetch Jerome back home during the weekend. Perhaps that was the reason he is so sticky to me.

After his 2nd birthday, we'd decided to send him to childcare center since we prefer to have him at home daily. The adjustment was not too good, he cries a lot, which was always the case even when we send him to MIL place. However, he soon adapt alright into the center and progress slowly eventually. He was such a good boy that the girls in the center always help him on the chores like packing his bag when going home... he's slow in doing things. He's not like other boys who will bully the girls, run around shouting etc. We can have him at home on the 19th storey and not having window grill installed! He never a single time climb the sofas or chairs. He is a little "kia-see". His motor skill is not fantastic.

When he was around 5, we decided to move so as to be nearer to my MIL's house. After months of searching, both my SIL and us decided to go under one roof, together with my FIL & MIL. We bought 2 units in a condo near town. This decision, I would say, in my point of view, cons more then pros.

My nephew is a more daring young boy and I would say a little spoilt. Although he's 2 years younger then Jerome, he had given Jerome some "education" on how to play "rough". And of course, this is the bad decision that I'd mentioned that we'd pulled Jerome out of Childcare. Slowly, he became dis-obedient, lazy, idle... He had many small die cast toy cars that was in tip-top condition before we moved but then all peeled, rusty... all because the cousin and him play car banging!!!

To be honest, I still can't really say how his character changed as I cannot see what's happening in the day at home. It could be partly due to influence, partly due to his younger sis Sheryl, and I believe definitely due to the influence from the TV program that he watched throughout the day.

No matter what's the reason, I'm now facing a big challenge on how to pull him back to the proper path as we can see that he will go haywire control is not impose NOW!

No comments: