Friday, September 12, 2008

Staying Home

I worked as a Project Manager in a US MNC, management are in US and suppliers (ODM) are in Asia. The management are not so particular in attendance, most of the time taking time off or leaving early or even work from home is not an issue, especially my job is basically managing and coordinating, a phone and a computer is suffice. However, as it is US centric, most of the conference call has to be either in the morning or at night. These timing is when Jerome is at home and need supervision and guidance. Worse of all. my hubby travels a lot for work.

After serious discussion, we had decided for me to stay home. 1stly, to teach and guide Jerome. Not just academic but also his character and behaviour (will write another post on this). 2ndly, to provide more early education for Sheryl. She was 4 when the decision was made and hence a lot more can be done on her. She was great in English, however, Chinese and Maths was not so up the mark.

So I handed in my resignation and... realised that I was pregnant... accidentally. We still go ahead in that decision while hesitating on the new-comer...

So on my 38th birthday, I started my stay-at-home life.

No comments: