Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Breastfeeding

I did not think of breastfeeding Jerome since beginning as he is gonna be taken care by my MIL after my maternity leave and we only gonna be weekend parent as MIL stays in East and we are in North. Though I still try to pump out for him, but no heart no milk, there's nothing much produced and by the time 1.5month, I'd already started to stop.

Sheryl was a little luckier as my MIL stays with us after she was born. I pumped the milk. However, MIL seems a little reluctant to feed as it's more troublesome to prepare, needs warm up and when baby is crying, you can't wait. I dare not direct feed too as she keep saying baby will be sticky. Since she is the caregiver, I try not to oppose. I'd continued pumping for 6 months and stop as too many meetings to attend at work.

The decision for Joshua was easy. Since I'm staying home and need lower cost (pai-seh, for the wrong reason), obviously he will take the natural production.

I have problem latching him on properly initially, and also the supply was lower then demand, so I pumped out and mixed with formula to feed. Later on, as I could not find time to pump, I simply let him latch on more frequently to boost supply, and voila, I'm on TBF journey eversince. And now, he never let go anymore.

Dunno if it's really because of breastfeeding. Jerome grew up with visits to PD almost every month; Sheryl was good; and now Joshua is not too bad... crossing my fingers.

I do not know how long I'm gonna BF on Joshua, as he is not willing to let go, will take steps at a time.

No comments: